Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Our Team: Meet Ryan Grider, Associate/Production Manager

At Studio W, our company values, integrity and knowledge are never more apparent than when you meet our employees. Studio W feels fortunate to have such wonderful people on our team! 
Ryan Grider
Studio W,  Associate/Production Manager

The field of landscape architecture was the catch all profession that allowed me to explore my passions in life.  Growing up in rural Oklahoma around agriculture and my family’s construction business helped shape my interests in the natural and built environments.   My interest in the outdoors began by spending weekends on my family’s farm assisting my uncles with their cattle operation and at our cabin on Lake Eufaula.  This eventually led to a part time job at vineyard during high school where I discovered my love of horticulture and plants.  These elements combined with lifelong passions for serving others, the arts, and intellectual curiosity for everything imaginable led me to the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture at Oklahoma State University where I earned my Bachelors of Landscape Architecture with a minor in Studio Art.

While at OSU, I was heavily involved in the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Alpha Zeta, a honorary fraternity for students of agriculture, and the OSU Student Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) where I served as President and the Executive Director for the Finding Center Conference for sustainable design. 

My current position at Studio W is Associate/Production Manager.  My task is to manage and ensure the quality of documents both graphic and technical that the firm produces and to utilize artistic techniques to communicate the intent of our designs. I am involved in all design review and consultation meetings with the clients and assist Jason Wilke and Zach Murphy with insuring that the clients desire for their outdoor environment is fully realized at both residential and commercial scales.


Community involvement is extremely important to both the firm and myself.  Outside of Studio W, I am involved with the leadership of several boards at local, state, and national levels.  These include the Oklahoma State University Kappa Sigma Housing Corporation where I serve as Secretary, Secretary of the Stillwater Multi-Arts Center Board of Directors, Treasurer of the Oklahoma Chapter of The American Society of Landscape Architects, a member of the ASLA National Emerging Professionals Committee, a member of Young Professionals of Stillwater, OK, and a regular volunteer at Payne County Youth Services.  

No comments:

Post a Comment